Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lesson 7

     After we had our class discussion on infidelity I was actually pretty scared. I never realized how easy it could be to be unfaithful to your spouse. People do it without even knowing they are doing it. We talked about the dangers in talking and sharing concerns with other people other than  spouses. Once you start to share your feelings, your likes and dislikes, you start to feel connected to that person. I am not married yet but it just seems like it could happen to anyone no matter how good of a person they are. In one of the things we had to read it talked about how we need to be careful even if it is a business trip or a church trip. Avoid being in the same vehicle with the opposite gender even if it is a business partner or a ward relief society president. We discussed things to avoid in order to be completely faithful to your spouse. Some of those things included avoid comparing your spouse's faults to other people and especially to "fantasy" people, like novels and movies. Facebook could also be put under that category. You shouldn't "chat" with other people on Facebook unless your spouse is with you. Especially if the person you are chatting with is all ready married. There are many little things that can eventually lead to a big slip. Being completely faithful to your spouse is very important. Even though this lesson scared me, I am glad we talked about it because now I am more aware and can avoid these subtle but destructive actions.
     

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the topic of infidelity can scary at times yet there is such power in understanding common temptations in order to best avoid them. I have witnessed my mother grieve over my fathers choices to abandon covenants and live another life with another woman. This was tragic yet so were his initial decisions to put gaining prestige in the medical field above my mother and siblings. I am so grateful for my mothers choice to cleave unto her covenants and teach her children to cleave unto their covenants and unto their spouses. You gave some great suggestions about situations to avoid in order to keep marriages strong. In your opinion, what is the best way to avoid infidelity in marriages?

    ReplyDelete