Saturday, November 16, 2013

Stress and Coping

Each family will have different crises which , depending on how they respond to the crises, will either improve or create more problems within the family. Every family will have some sort of trial or crises. There really is no way of going around it. A crisis is something that causes stress within the family and makes it so a change has to take place. Some crises such as a death, can be very hard on a family. For some, it will bring the family closer while for others it will tear them apart. Usually if you have all of the answers it is easier to bare because you don't have any doubts or misunderstandings. You also don't have to worry because you know why it happened. For example, with an illness, if there is an answer, or a cure for the disease then you can work together to get rid of it. If there is no cure yet for a certain disease then you have a constant worry in the back of your head about how to get through it. I am definitely not saying that there won't be stress because there will be. It is just how you deal with it that makes the difference. I believe that talking about your worries will help lessen stress because you are sharing it with another person and it is not all crashing on you. Being able to lift each others burden's are what families are for.  My mom and dad have told me that they have never been depressed at the same time. One will always be able to lift the other and keep them going. I think that is a great trait that I hope my future husband and I will be able to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment