Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Work and Home

     We communicate better while we are working rather than playing. When we are playing our minds are preoccupied with the activity that we are involved in. Sometimes it may be more fun to play but it is actually more rewarding to work. I know for me it is easier to open up and share while I am working. There is something about working with family that really creates a bond. I think it is because you are with people you feel familiar and comfortable with and you are trying to accomplish a common goal. While working, people are more likely to engage in conversation and get to know each other. Now that I know this I will be more aware of communication while I am working with family members. 
      This is kind of a switch in topics but a girl in class brought up the topic of paying your kids for work. I personally don't think it is a good idea to pay your kids for everyday chores. Those types of jobs just need to be done. I think if you pay children to do the everyday chores, when they get older they just expect to continue to be payed. When they get married though, no one will be paying them to keep a clean home or yard. Some people say that it helped them learn how to save money and keep a budget. I personally believe that there are better was to do this. Now maybe if the child is trying to save up for something special I would allow them to do certain jobs around the house for a little bit of money. It would have to be something that really needs to be done though, such as cleaning the windows, or cleaning out a file cabinet. It is really important to teach your children how to work because it will help them in their future life.

No comments:

Post a Comment