Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Grand-parenting

      Grand-parenting to me seems like it would be the best time of life. It's great because both the husband and wife can spend some quality time together again. They can also love their grandchildren and send them back to the parents when the children do something wrong. Some grandparents do struggle with boundaries though. They can take responsibilities away from the parents sometimes because they feel like it is a second chance for them. Grandparents have lot of pressure weighing on them. They kind of need to set the example for the family because they have been around the longest and should have a lot of wisdom. I love my grandparents. They are the sweetest people. They have been really good at letting my parents do the parenting, but they will give us little words of wisdom every once in awhile. I hope when I am a grandparent I don't cause stress within the family because I am trying to be my grandchild's second mom.

       In this blog post I also wanted to give a few ending notes because this semester is ending. I have really enjoyed this class. I am glad that I understand family systems more. I am a visual learner so it really helped when we talked about the different boundaries within a family and we were able to draw it on the board. Things become clearer when you are able to draw out what boundaries are being created between you and your spouse or if you are letting other people into your little circle when it should only be you and your spouse. I am glad I have had the opportunity to learn and grow from this class and now I can go and teach others what I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment